Recipe by the Jilb
I got this recipe from my step-mom and it's awesome! The best ginger snap recipe I've ever had.
Top Review by Thea611
I love this recipe! I didn't bother with the white chocolate drizzle, I didn't roll the whole dough ball in the sugar either, just the top; rolling the whole ball to coat it with sugar (I used the large sugar crystals) made the bottoms kind of ugly. I also ended up using parchment on my baking sheets because the bottoms tend to get dark quickly. The cookies look so professional, and they are delicious! I've been making them for our county animal shelter bake sales, and they always get sold! Thanks!
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Stir in molasses and egg.
- Add 1 cup of the flour, the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and ground gloves and stir to combine.
- Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time.
- Chill dough in freezer for only 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in white granulated sugar.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 for 10 minutes.
- When cookies are cool, melt some white chocolate chips and drizzle over top of each cookie.
- When white chocolate is set, store cookies in air tight container.