What could male a zingy gingersnap even better? Sweet creamy frosting sandwiched between two gingersnaps! From Great Food in the February, 2008 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, created by Rori Trovato. Chill the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes or up to a day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.48 ml unsalted butter, room temperature (1 to 1/2 sticks)
- 118.29 ml firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1TO MAKE THE COOKIES:.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt; set aside.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add molasses, egg, and vanilla, and beat at medium-high until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- 5Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- 6Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- 7Preheat oven to 350°F
- 8Place remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a shallow bowl.
- 9Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar to coat.
- 10Arrange about 2 inches apart on 2 ungreased baking sheets.
- 11Using the bottom of a glass that has been lightly greased, then dipped in sugar, flatten dough into 1/4-inch-thick disks.
- 12Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until firm.
- 13Remove from oven and immediately transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- 14TO MAKE THE FILLING:.
- 15In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; mix until smooth, adding more powdered sugar as needed (filling should have consistency of very thick frosting).
- 16With a small spatula, frost bottoms of half the cookies (about 1teaspoon filling each); top with remaining cookies (so bottom sides are together) to make sandwich cookies.
- 17*The fresh ginger should be peeled unless otherwise noted. To grate fresh ginger, use a microplane grater or a triangular ginger grater, which will catch unwanted ginger fibers in its teeth, leaving behind a juicy, concentrated pulp.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingersnaps With Orange-Ginger Cream Filling
Serving Size: 1 (1185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.1
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 77.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g