Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are sooo good and stay soft and chewy. Makes about 4 dozen large cookies.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- sugar, for rolling
- 12 ounces vanilla chips, (for drizzling) (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and butter, mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Stir in molasses.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, mix well.
- Shape into balls and roll in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2" apart.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.
- OPTIONAL When cool, drizzle with melted vanilla chips.
These are really good cookies. I added 6 oz milk chocolate chips instead of vanilla and it was perfect. Even my picky husband loved them. Thanks