Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
One of those soft, perfect cookies
- 591.47 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 59.14 ml light molasses
- 236.59-473.18 ml granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, combine the margarine and brown sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the molasses and the egg into the mixture until completely smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix on a low speed only until it just holds together as a dough.
- Pour granulated sugar into a shallow bowl or dinner plate.
- Gently form the dough into a small balls.
- Roll each ball in the sugar coating it completely.
- Place the balls of sugar-coated dough onto a baking sheet about 3 inches apart Sprinkle extra sugar on top.
- Bake each sheet of cookies for 8 1/2 minutes (they will not look done, but it will be perfect when cooled).
- A few minutes after removing the baking sheet from the oven, tranfer cookies to cooling racks.
No complaints here; a delightful, easy-to-make cookie! Thank you!
These are wonderful!! I love ginger, so added about half more than called for... turned out perfect. I will most definitely be making these again. Thanks for posting!
There is no snap in this cookie! Soft and amazing flavor. A perfect fall treat!