Recipe by Shannon1971
My mother in law makes this for Christmas. They're so good with hot cocoa.
Top Review by nice&spicy
Very good recipe. Although I found it to by a little dry but added a little water a bit at a time to find a dough that would roll nicely and yet not be too sticky. These remind me of the cookies my grandma baked when I was little. Can't wait for my own kids to try them! A keeper for sure! :)
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream the shortening and sugar together until fluffy; beat in egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix well.
- Refrigerate dough 1 hour before rolling into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls in sugar before baking.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on an ungreased baking sheet.