Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are delicious. Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens Classic Christmas Cookies.
Make and share this Gingersnaps recipe from Food.com.
- In a large mixing bowl combine about half of the flour and all of the brown sugar, shortening or oil, molasses, egg, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until thoroughly combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat or stir in the remaining flour.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in sugar to coat.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and tops are crackled.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove cookies and cool on a wire rack.