Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
I've included the chilling time in the prep time.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- granulated sugar
- Cream brown sugar, Crisco, molasses and egg until fluffy.
- Blend in remaining ingredients EXCEPT granulated sugar.
- Cover dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Form dough into 1" balls.
- Arrange 3" apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten balls with glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until edges just begin to brown.
These were perfect gingersnaps, especially with a cup of tea! Even the raw dough tasted good! The dough was easy to handle so forming the cookies went very quickly. I made them yesterday, but I doubt that they will last very long. Thanks for sharing!
Excellent cookies! Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside. Exactly how gingersnaps should be!
These were spectacular! I made these for a cookie swap and even though they were so simple, they were a big hit. I'll be making them again today for my favorite toddlers. A crispy outside and a chewy inside.