Recipe by thesinginchef
These are so yummy... My family cannot get enough of these. With these make sure you keep a good eye on them or they will turn hard and not be as flavorful! I got this from a cook book and changed it. Shortening is better to use then cooking oil, but if needed cooking oil makes a good substituion.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening or 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup of flour, the brown sugar, shortening, molasses, egg, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Beat with with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until thoroughly combined. ( Add up to 1/2 Cup of flour if the consistancy is a little liquidy).
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8- 10 minutes or until set and tops are crackled.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack until warm not hot.
- (You may save in a plastic bag for up to a week or week and a half).