Recipe by teatimetory
Delicious cookies from "The Great American Cookie Cookbook"
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Did a bit of experimenting with this recipe in that I baked one sheet of cookies for just the minimum amount of time, while the other sheet was in for the maximum! Both are GREAT GINGER COOKIES ~ If you like the real snap, the latter one is for you, but if you prefer a little bit of chew, then . . . Anyway, they're a nice addition to my cookie sale this weekend! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Sift together flour, ginger, allspice, baking soda, salt.
- Beat sugar and margarine with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Whisk in apple sauce and molasses.
- Add flour mixture to apple sauce mixture and stir well.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 1 inch apart onto cookie sheet.
- Flatten each slightly with moistened fingertips.
- Bake each 12 to 15 minutes and cool on a wire rack.