Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
This one is from Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Gingersnaps recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- In a large mixing bowl combine about half of the flour, brown sugar, shortening, molasses, egg, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed till combined.
- Beat or stir in remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls in the granulated sugar to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for 8-10 minutes or till edges are set and tops are crackled. Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
These are just right. Perfect amount of the spices and the texture too. This isn't my first time making them and it certainly won't be the last.