Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a family favorite. I always make them around Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Make and share this Gingersnaps recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the molasses, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Cover and chill the batter for about 30 minutes.
- Place about 1 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- When the dough has chilled sufficiently, roll into 1 inch balls.
- Then roll the balls of dough into the sugar, coating them thoroughly.
- Place on the baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart and, with the bottom of a glass, flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes or until the cookies feel dry and firm on top.
- Cool on a wire rack.