Recipe by DessertQueen
these are soft and chewy and VERY GOOD. I like alot of ginger and spices in mine. I got the resipe from Joy of Cooking and changed one or two things
- 2 cups white sugar (extra if you sprinkely it on top)
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 1/2 stick)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Stir in eggs, molasses, and viegar.
- In seprate bowl mix dry ingrediants, and to wet mix and mix well.
- Roll dough into balls, sprinkely with sugar, and bake on greased cookie sheets for around 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes then transfer cookies to cooling rake.