1/4 Photos of Gingersnaps
I originally found this in Betty Crocker's New Christmas Cookbook, and I have made these a number of times. To give the cookies a festive look, dip half of each cookie into melted vanilla coating! (Cooking time does not include refrigeration time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, mix brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg.
- 2Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- 3Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 4After chilling, heat oven to 375F; Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- 5Shape the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls, then dip tops into granulated sugar.
- 6Place balls, sugared sides up, about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or just until set (Do not overbake!).
- 8Remove from cookie sheet, and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingersnaps
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.9
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 68.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g