Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are REALLY REALLY good cookies!!! Need I say more?
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup raspberry jam, with seeds
- Heat oven to 375*F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening and 1 cup sugar on medium speed.
- Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- Set aside.
- Add maple syrup to butter mixture.
- Beat to combine.
- Beat in egg until well combined.
- Slowly add the flower mixture, a little at a time, until well blended.
- Place remaining cup of sugar in a bowl.
- Measure 2 tsp.
- of dough; roll into a ball.
- Roll dough in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Repeat, placing balls 3 inches apart.
- Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Spread about 2 tsp.
- jam over half of the cookies; place a second cookie on top of jam covered ones, maing sandwiches.
These are fantastic. I had a cookie baking marathon at the weekend and this was one of the cookies I made. They actually get better with time. My nieces and nephews could not get enough of them, and I have to confess that I had a hard time staying away from them as well. Thanks!