Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Bake the crust on this tart then fill it with this creamy spiced filling. Total chill time is around 3 1/2 hours.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together all crust ingredients in medium bowl.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons for topping.
- Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of 10-inch tart pan or pie plate.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients except whipping cream in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, until creamy.
- Continue beating, gradually add whipping cream, beating until mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Spread filling over cooled crust; sprinkle with reserved 3 tablespoons crust mixture.
- Refrigerate until set (at least 3 hours).
Light airy version of a pumpkin pie. Simple to make and delicious.
Very good! I made this for one of my Christmas desserts this year. Very easy and a nice alternative to the standard pumpkin pie.