Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
This recipe calls for canned pears, however I am sure it could easily be used to get rid of the surplus of fresh pears you might have this time of year.
- 4 (15 1/4 ounce) canssliced canned pears, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts (or could use any nut of your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pears in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with flour and toss lightly to coat.
- Divide among 8 - 8 OZ custard cups.
- Combine the gingersnaps, walnuts and butter.
- Sprinkle over pears.
- Place custard cups on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with vanilla icecream or plain with a dallop of whip cream on top.