Recipe by jmelyn
Dessert could not be easier! Tastes great, too--the gingersnaps make this interesting.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
The flavours of this dessert are fantastic and it couldn't be any easier to make. My only complaint is that after draining the peaches and baking the fruit ended up on the dry side. I wish there had been more of a sauce. Wonderful flavour however, and great with ice cream!
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans peach slices in heavy syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely crushed gingersnaps
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds or 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain fruit; arrange in greased 8x8 inch baking dish Mix together gingersnaps asnd butter.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over peaches.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or whipped cream.
- You can also divide the dessert among 6 8-ounce baking cups.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.