Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from Whole Foods. The ingredients for these cookies go into a jar and are presented along with the instructions for making the cookies.
- Spoon the brown sugar into a 1-quart jar and press down until you have an even layer.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl; spoon into the jar over the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle ginger, cinnamon and cloves over the top.
- Seal the jar and attach a tag with the following instructions:.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Pour contents of the jar into a large bowl and stir in 3/4 cup melted unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) and 1 large egg.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of large marbles and place an inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until firm and lightly browned on the edges, about 14 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
This was easy to put together and I like that you don't have to stuff the jar to gt it all in. I made with white-whole wheat flour and the rest of the ingredients listed. Will be giving to a friend hosting a Halloween Party; she LOVES gingersnaps! Made for 123Hits.