Recipe by littleturtle
A unique recipe using ground ginger snaps instead of flour. These are very intensely flavored so you may prefer to substitute vanilla wafers for some of the ginger snaps.
- 2 cups finely ground ginger snaps (30 cookies, grind about 10 at a time in a food processor or blender)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (1/2 stick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to top third position, and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a 30-cup mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and fold in just until combined (do NOT overmix).
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until tester comes out clean (12 minutes).
- Turn out onto wire rack to cool and serve at room temperature.