Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on another site.
- 3 cups oat bran
- 2 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15-by-10-inch jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine oat bran and oats; mix well and set aside.
- Put margarine in 2-cup microwavable bowl. Microwave on high (100 percent power) 30 to 45 seconds or until melted. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Drizzle over combined cereals, stirring until evenly coated; spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool granola in pan on wire rack. Store tightly covered.
I enjoy granola but never buy it because of the high fat and sugar content. I uses 1/4 of the honey ask for and added Splenda for the sweetness desired. This gave me a dried finished cereal but I know why and I'm very happy with it. I kept to the ask for amount of ginger but doubled the cinnamon and next time I'll increase the ginger as well. Over all I loved it and if you enjoy a bit of spice I'm sure that it will be a hit. Made for PAC, Fall '07.