Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I think that these are just about the untimate ginger cookies. If you don't over bake them they will maintain a softness that is so toothsome. Warning! These cookies are telepathic and will call to you from the cookie jar to come and get them.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 1 cup sugar and shortening with an electric mixer till well combined. Beat in molasses; beat in the egg. Add the flour mixture and beat till combined.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till edges are set and tops are crackled. Cool on a cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 45 cookies.
Oooooo....These are delicious little gems! The perfect texture, so light and fluffy. They were a breeze to make. I was out of ground cloves, so I substituted allspice. Baked for 8 mins. I'll be making these wonderful cookies again. Thanks for posting!
Wonderful gingersnap cookies! The dough was so fluffy and easy to work with and they baked up just beautifully. Nice and spicy, perfect with a cup of coffee or dunking in a glass of ice-cold milk ;) Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Sweet December holiday event, 2013
These are just delicious! Quick and easy to make too. I'll definitely include these on my Christmas Cookie tray! Made for Zaar Stars! Thanks for sharing.