1/1 Photo of Gingersnap Date Bar (Lärabar Wannabe)
I'm a big fan of Lärabars, esp. the "Ginger Snap". I think this copy-cat experiment has been a success! I went for taste vs. texture for the sake of my gummy one-year old (who is also a big fan of Lärabars!), so almond paste was substituted for minced almonds/pecans. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a food mill, grind the dates.
- 2In a heavy-duty mixer, combine the ground dates with the remaining ingredients (I used my Bosch and its "cookie dough" hooks).
- 3On a cutting board or other clean, flat surface, flatten the mixture to about 1 cm using your hand or a rolling pin.
- 4Cut into bars or roll into balls and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingersnap Date Bar (Lärabar Wannabe)
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g