Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm a big fan of Lärabars, esp. the "Ginger Snap". I think this copy-cat experiment has been a success! I went for taste vs. texture for the sake of my gummy one-year old (who is also a big fan of Lärabars!), so almond paste was substituted for minced almonds/pecans. Enjoy!
- 1 lb pitted dates
- 1⁄2 lb almond paste
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves, heaped
- Using a food mill, grind the dates.
- In a heavy-duty mixer, combine the ground dates with the remaining ingredients (I used my Bosch and its "cookie dough" hooks).
- On a cutting board or other clean, flat surface, flatten the mixture to about 1 cm using your hand or a rolling pin.
- Cut into bars or roll into balls and enjoy!