Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Goes perfectly with a pumpkin icebox pie.
- 25 gingersnap cookies (to yield about 1 1/3 cup crumbs)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Put the cookies in the container of a food processor; process them until they are finely ground.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crumbs, butter, cinnamon, and salt; stir until the crumbs are moistened.
- Press the mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and all the way up the sides of the pan, packing it tightly with your fingertips so it is even and compacted.
- Bake the crust for about 6-8 minutes or until it is crisp.
- Let cool completely before filling it (the crust may be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 month.).