8 hrs 15 mins
Yummy gingersnap cookies for those who like them thin and crispy. A modification on a recipe from SimplyRecipes.com. Prep time includes freezing time; amount of cookies produced will depend on how thinly they are sliced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 2Add vanilla and eggs and mix until well blended.
- 3Add molasses and mix until well blended.
- 4Sift remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- 5Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in two batches, stirring until just combined.
- 6Line a mini loaf pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or use a foil baking pan. Pack dough tightly into the pan; use your hands, it's easier. Cover dough and place in freezer overnight.
- 7Remove from freezer and pan and unwrap dough. Slice the dough brick into thin slices, no more than 1/8 inch. This can be kind of a pain; a wire cutter is the easiest, if you have one.
- 8Place slices on parchment lined cookie sheet or silicone baking mat, 1 inch apart. Bake at 350 until edges turn dark, 7-12 minutes depending on the thickness of the cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingersnap Cookies (Thin & Crispy)
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 147.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g