Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a very easy Gingersnap Cookie Recipe. I hope you enjoy it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- sugar (for rolling)
- Place the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Mix together with a fork.
- Beat the cup of sugar with the canola oil for about two minutes, or until the mixture is uniform and pale in color.
- Mix in the egg and molasses. Beat thoroughly.
- Continue to stir while adding the flour mixture 1/4 cup at a time.
- For each cookie, roll 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball.
- Then roll the ball in sugar.
- Place the balls of dough on parchment-lined baking sheets, two inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, until the cookies are just barely starting to brown around the edges and they are cracked on top. About 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Didn't have much of a ginger flavor
I helped my wife make these for a fundraiser we were having. The first set of cookies needed something else done with them to make them sellable. I chopped up some crystalized ginger and added to the mix with a few dashes of allspice and a squeeze of fresh ginger root. That did make a big difference but I doubt we will try this recipe again.
I made these yesterday for a church potluck and everyone who took a cookie ate a bite and tossed the cookie out. I didn't care much for them either. The measurements must be off. Rock hard edges, soft centers and flavors didn't mix. I will continue with my old TNT Swedish recipe.