Recipe by Stoblogger
This cookie crumb pie crust is for pie fillings that don't require baking. Jell-O offers a plethora of recipes that are simply folded into a crust, chilled, and served. The crust is excellent for pumpkin, sweet potato, and key lime pies. Super Easy Pumpkin Spice Dip, is awesome served as a pie in this crust. Just double the dip recipe, fold it into this baked and cooled crust, and serve immediately.
- 36 gingersnap cookies, pulverized (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg white (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pulverize the ginger snap cookies in a food processor if you have one, if not, you can crush them with a rolling pin.
- Combine the first three ingredients and mix well.
- Using your fingers, press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
- To smooth and pack the crust, place another 9-inch pie pan down into the crust (as if you are stacking the pans) and press firmly.
- Brush the crust with egg white. (optional).
- Bake about 10 minutes at 375° or less. Watch closely as you do NOT want to overcook this crust.
- Remove from the oven and cool before filling.
- Goes great with my Super Easy Pumpkin Spice Dip recipe, or any pumpkin, sweet potato, or key lime pie that does not require baking.