Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
These are easy, crisp and lovely to have with coffee or tea. I usually make them at Christmas. *On a side note: this Christmas 2006, I exchanged the 3/4 cup of almonds for 3/4 cup of candied ginger, chopped fine...just yummy!
Top Review by CheyenneAnn
These biscotti were wonderful. I pretty much followed the recipe--used a tad more almonds just because I had just a little more left but not enough for anything else. I also had some ginger I had preserved in a ginger syrup and used a little of the syrup. The biscotti were flavorful, very crispy. A winner in my household!
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml ground ginger
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cloves
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml quick oats
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine spices and remaining ingredients.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture; blend until dough comes together.
- Do not overmix.
- Divide dough in half; roll each half into a 12-inch log about 1-inch in diameter.
- Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack 20 minutes.
- Cut log crosswise with a sharp serrated knife into 1/2-inch slices on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Cool, then store in a tightly covered container.