Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are from McCormick and are crisp and accented with cloves and cinnamon. An anytime treat for guests or family. An excellent choice for cold evenings or for the Christmas holidays.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine spices and remaining ingredients.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture; blend until dough comes together.
- Do not overmix.
- Divide dough in half; roll each half into a 12-inch log about 1-inch in diameter.
- Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack 20 minutes.
- Cut log crosswise with a sharp serrated knife into 1/2 inch slices on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Cool, then store in a tightly covered container.
- Note:Times do not include cooling time of 20 minutes.