Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Have been baking this dish up all summer for cookouts. Found this recipe in Woman's World years ago.
- 3⁄4 cup crushed gingersnaps
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup syrup
- bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 (1 lb) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put in 1-1/2 qt.
- greased casserole.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
I enjoyed these beans. I told my family they had a secret ingredient. Of course no one could guess what it was. My beans turned out a little dry. I think it was because my store did not have the pork and beans, only baked beans. If I remember right the pork and beans have more liquid which is probably important because 3/4 cup crumbs is a lot of dry ingredient.