Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very basic but delicious and convenient chili. It's very easy to make and doesn't take very long to cook. It's hearty and fast -- great for a weeknight supper. I typically serve it with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crackers, though these things are not essential :)
- 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb other ground beef, browned,drained and crumbled
- 1 can bush's magic chili bean, with seasonings (Texas Medium or Traditional Mild)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Mix first 6 ingredients into large saucepan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Top each serving with 1 ounce shredded cheddar cheese, dollop of sour cream and chives, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
This is an excellent, fast chili recipe that beats the stuff from a can all out yet is easy enough for us novices :) I substituted chili without beans from a can for the chili sauce the recipe calls for with no trouble at all. If your family likes chili, and you aren't very experienced or have alot of time, this is for you!!