Recipe by fishgirl
This recipe is a family favourite. It was given to my nana by her nextdoor neighbour neighbour when they moved when my mother was still a child. I am not sure if not standing the mixture makes any difference as I have always followed the recipe.
- 4 ounces butter
- 7 ounces sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 lb self-rising flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Gradually add beaten egg, and the golden syrup, then the milk which the soda has been disolved inches
- Stir in sifted flour and ginger. Let stand for a short time.
- Make into teaspoon sized small balls adding a little extra flour if required. Place on greased baking trays, these biscuits will spread during baking.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.