Recipe by JAK
This is a quick, warmly-spiced banana bread that I invented for Christmas 2010.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
this bread smelled and tasted like christmas. it was a wonderful twist on banana bread. next time I'll probably mix the salt in though as it was too salty on top. made for PAC 2012
- 2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Mix butter, oil, bananas, sugar, molasses, and egg until smooth.
- Sprinkle baking soda & spices over mixture, mix lightly.
- Add flour, stir until combined.
- Add raisins, stir.
- Pour into buttered bread pan.
- Sprinkle top with kosher salt.
- Bake for one hour.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.