Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute yellow pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir broccoli; microwave 1 minute longer or until tender.
- Add the ginger, orange peel, salt and pepper to yellow pepper. Drain broccoli; add to pepper mixture and toss to coat.
Yum! This was light and tasty. I used only 1 tablespoon of reduced-fat margarine, and steam in the bag broccoli.