Recipe by dojemi
"These creamy potatoes, fragrant with ginger and garlic, are a perfect way to give a special twist to your Thanksgiving table." Recipe courtesy of Ming.com
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 4 medium yams or 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté, stirring occasionally until the garlic is brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cream and reduce by one-third over low heat, about 10 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the yams in a large saucepan with enough water to cover them completely.
- Bring to the boil over high heat and cook until the yams can be pierced easily with the tip of a knife, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the cream and process until well blended. Add the remaining butter, season with salt and pepper, and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl, correct the seasonings, and serve.