1/2 Photos of Gingered Yams
"These creamy potatoes, fragrant with ginger and garlic, are a perfect way to give a special twist to your Thanksgiving table." Recipe courtesy of Ming.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 3Add the garlic and ginger and sauté, stirring occasionally until the garlic is brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add the cream and reduce by one-third over low heat, about 10 minutes.
- 5Keep warm.
- 6Meanwhile, combine the yams in a large saucepan with enough water to cover them completely.
- 7Bring to the boil over high heat and cook until the yams can be pierced easily with the tip of a knife, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 8Drain and transfer to a food processor.
- 9Add the cream and process until well blended. Add the remaining butter, season with salt and pepper, and puree until smooth.
- 10Transfer the potatoes to a bowl, correct the seasonings, and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Yams
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.5
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 119.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g