Recipe by *Parsley*
Use sweet potatoes if desired, but I think yams are best. Ginger must be fresh, not powdered.
Top Review by MotleyCook
The ginger was almost imperceptible once the soup was cooked; what we really noticed was the lime juice, very pleasant. DH liked the sliced almonds; next time I'm going to grate them fine before garnishing, because I think the nut texture clashes with the smoothness of the soup. Thanks for submitting...
- 6 cups diced yams, peeled
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground ginger
- 4 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine yams, chicken stock and ginger; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Using a hand blender/blender/food processor, puree until mixture is smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan; whisk in coconut milk, lime juice, salt, pepper, and coriander.
- Cook just until heated through.
- **If soup is too thick for you, just add more broth, water, or coconut milk.
- Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with toasted almonds, if desired. and coriander.