Recipe by bikerchick
Healthy burgers with a gingery twist! Serve with any fixings you love, sauteed mushrooms and a slice of cheese to melt on the hot burger are TDF. These are all-season friendly: fire up the grill when the season's fine or get the broiler smoking hot when it's too gloomy outside.
Top Review by SweetySJD
These are really good! I used dried sage and thyme, but followed everything else exactly. I also broiled them. I served them on toasted whole wheat buns topped with cheddar cheese and sweet & spicy mustard. Very quick and easy! Yummy! Thanks - I'll be making these again!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or more to taste, I prefer a little more)
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Depending upon your cooking source preference: Preheat broiler and coat a broiler pan with cooking spray, or get your grill up to your heat standards.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, ginger, garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Place on prepared broiler pan and broil 4 inches from heat about 6 minutes, or cook on your outdoor grill.
- Flip and broil or grill 5-6 minutes more, or until centers are no longer pink.
- Serve burgers on buns with any fixings you like.