Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was printed in Penzeys One first issue. It is a deliciously different tuna salad. This goes great on a pita, with crackers or on a bed of salad greens.
Top Review by Sharon123
Oh my, this was just delicous! I halved the recipe and used canned tuna in water.I loved the curry flavor along with the crystalized ginger! I'm so glad I picked this for Zaar tag!
- 1 (7 5/8 ounce) flavor fresh pouch tuna in water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan over low heat, sauté the curry powder in olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the curry powder is cooking, mince the onion and chop the crystallized ginger.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar and Dijon mustard; whisk to blend.
- Add the cooked curry powder, crystallized ginger, onion, pecans and cayenne pepper; whisk again to thoroughly blend.
- Add the tuna and mix with a fork until tuna is well blended and coated with the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy.