This recipe was printed in Penzeys One first issue. It is a deliciously different tuna salad. This goes great on a pita, with crackers or on a bed of salad greens.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, sauté the curry powder in olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the curry powder is cooking, mince the onion and chop the crystallized ginger.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar and Dijon mustard; whisk to blend.
- Add the cooked curry powder, crystallized ginger, onion, pecans and cayenne pepper; whisk again to thoroughly blend.
- Add the tuna and mix with a fork until tuna is well blended and coated with the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy.