This recipe was printed in Penzeys One first issue. It is a deliciously different tuna salad. This goes great on a pita, with crackers or on a bed of salad greens.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, sauté the curry powder in olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the curry powder is cooking, mince the onion and chop the crystallized ginger.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar and Dijon mustard; whisk to blend.
- Add the cooked curry powder, crystallized ginger, onion, pecans and cayenne pepper; whisk again to thoroughly blend.
- Add the tuna and mix with a fork until tuna is well blended and coated with the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy.
Oh my, this was just delicous! I halved the recipe and used canned tuna in water.I loved the curry flavor along with the crystalized ginger! I'm so glad I picked this for Zaar tag!
To be truthful, I was surprised by how much I loved this recipe!!! I wasn't sure about the curry and crystallized ginger, but all apprehension was quickly cast aside with one bite of this fabulous recipe. Wow. I absolutely loved the flavors and would do this recipe again in a heartbeat. I'm so glad I gave this recipe a try. I served mine on toasted bread. Thank you, Paula! Made during ZWT for the Golden Gourmets.
This is very different and totally delicious! I served it with crisp lettuce leaves instead of bread and loved it that way. The salad has awesome flavors and needs no changes, but for presentation I might add cilantro or parsley next time. The recipe is now in my Best of Cookbook. Thanks Paula for sharing the recipe!