Recipe by Glori-B
I had made PaulaG's Gingered Tuna Salad #162700, but suprise company caused this dish to morh into a Gingered Tuna/Pasta Salad. Loads of compliments and recipe requests! I hope you enjoy!
- 8 -12 ounces pasta (such as shells, elbows, rotini)
- 5 quarts water, boiling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 5/8 ounce) packageflavor fresh pouch tuna in water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil, add salt and pasta. Cook pasta per package directions, approximately 10 minutes, or al dente.
- While pasta cooks, in a small saucepan over low heat, sauté the curry powder in olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the curry powder is cooking, mince the onion and chop the crystallized ginger.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar and Dijon mustard; whisk to blend.
- Add the cooked curry powder, crystallized ginger, onion, pecans and cayenne pepper; whisk again to thoroughly blend.
- Add the tuna and mix with a fork until tuna is well blended and coated with the dressing.
- When pasta is finished cooking, thoroughly drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Combine pasta with tuna mixture. Chill or serve at room temperature
- Feel free to experiment by adding seedless grapes or different nuts to mixture.