Recipe by cannedfood
Like potato salad? Sweet, colorful and rich in beta-carotene (forms vitamin A), sweet potatoes take center stage in this easy version. With “canned food” convenience, this tasty side dish provides nearly 1 1/2 cups offruit and vegetables per serving with little effort, yet lots of flavor!
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes or 1 (15 ounce) can yams, in light syrup, drained and cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, in juice, drained
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted cashews
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard dressing
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweet potatoes, pineapple, apple, celery and cashews in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing and ginger; pour over sweet potato mixture; toss lightly. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve over salad greens.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 220; Total fat 7g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 75mg; Total carbohydrate 37g; Fiber 5g; Protein 4g; Vitamin A 160%DV*; Vitamin C 35%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 15%DV.
- * Daily Value.