Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high.
- Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds or til fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add peas; saute 2 minute
- Stir in 1/4 c water; cook 1 min or til most of the water evaporates.
- Stir in salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds or til crisp-tender.
I made this the other night and I think it is just perfect! Everyone loved it. Fresh ginger is wonderful-- don't substitute. At my grocery, you can just break off a piece about the size of your thumb. It is very reasonable. If you mince extra, you can freeze it with a tiny bit of water in a snack ziplock bag. Then you can just pop that into a recipe at another time!