Recipe by Lainey6605
I saw this recipe in Taste of Home and it looked so pretty and delicious I couldn't resist trying it and posting it here to share. It is a very elegant looking dessert but so simple to make. The gingersnap crust is such a perfect complement to the strawberries. A scrumptious dessert without a lot of calories. I'm sure it will taste even more delicious when strawberries are in season. Prep time does not include time for chilling.
- 24 gingersnap cookies (about 1 cup crushed)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml crystallized ginger, finely chopped (optional)
- 709.77 ml fresh strawberries, chopped
- 59.14 ml water
- 473.18 ml fresh strawberries, sliced
- 73.94 ml seedless strawberry jam
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, combine the gingersnaps, 2 T sugar and butter.
- Cover and process until blended.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch or 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger if desired and remaining sugar.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries and water.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Arrange sliced berries over filling.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat jam on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; brush over berries.
- Remove sides from tart pan.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.