1/5 Photos of Gingered Strawberry Tart
I saw this recipe in Taste of Home and it looked so pretty and delicious I couldn't resist trying it and posting it here to share. It is a very elegant looking dessert but so simple to make. The gingersnap crust is such a perfect complement to the strawberries. A scrumptious dessert without a lot of calories. I'm sure it will taste even more delicious when strawberries are in season. Prep time does not include time for chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 gingersnap cookies (about 1 cup crushed)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 5 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1In food processor, combine the gingersnaps, 2 T sugar and butter.
- 2Cover and process until blended.
- 3Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch or 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside.
- 4In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger if desired and remaining sugar.
- 5Stir in the chopped strawberries and water.
- 6Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Cool for 30 minutes.
- 9Pour into crust.
- 10Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- 11Arrange sliced berries over filling.
- 12In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat jam on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; brush over berries.
- 13Remove sides from tart pan.
- 14Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- 15Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Strawberry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 183.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g