Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company. It is delicious with honey butter and would make a great loaf of raisin bread!
- 177.44 ml milk
- 44.37 ml molasses
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, cut up
- 3.69 ml salt
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 9.85 ml bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- (If dough is too dry or stiff or too soft or slack, adjust dough consistency) Checking Dough Consistency: Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; it should form a soft, smooth ball around the blade.
- If dough is too stiff or dry, add additional liquid, 1 teaspoon at a time, until dough is of the right consistency.
- If dough is too soft or sticky, add additional bread flour, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Recommended cycle: Basic/white bread cycle; light or medium/normal color setting.
Outstanding! Loved the ginger flavor. I added raisins which gave the bread character. This is one of the best bread recipes I have tried.
This was lovely with butter...I used a whole packet of yeast and it worked well. I think I'll also add raisins next time. Thanks for posting the recipe!
I used the medium crust color setting. we didn't have any cloves, I added nutmeg in it's place. Also instead of regular milk I used powdered buttermilk, that I added water to. The bread turned out really well. It tasted great to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.