Recipe by nikki ciciretto
This is traditionally made with dried shrimp but in this recipe they use fresh. If use dried, reduce the salt.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, shredded
- 2 inches gingerroot, sliced
- 12 ounces medium shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon dry wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, then fry onion and gnger 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and fry 1 minute or until opaque in color; remove.
- Add broth, cornstarch, and wine; bring to boil. add salt and braise for 2 minutes.
- When liquid is reduced by half, return shrimp to pan; stir fry 1-2 minutes and add pepper.