2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 35 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
Yummmmm, my dh was complaining about always having ham prepared the same way. So we tried it this way and he loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set ham on rack ontop of a foil lined roasting pan.
- 3Add 3/4 cup of rootbeer to pan . Make sure ham is not sitting in pop.
- 4Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 5Combine remaining rootbeer in pot with honey and ginger and simmer for 10 minutes until a glaze is achieved.
- 6Remove ham from oven and cut off and discard skin. You want to expose the layer of fat underneath the skin.
- 7Score the fat in a diamond pattern, do not cut into meat. Take the colves and stud each diamond with a clove.
- 8In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 9Spread the sugar mixture over the ham, then pour the rootbeer glaze overtop of the sugar mixture. Try to coat evenly.
- 10Return the ham to the oven and bake uncovered, for an additional hour, basting at least twice.
- 11Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, allow to sit 15 minutes, then baste one final time with the pan juices, slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered, Rootbeer Glazed Ham
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1115.0
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 351.4 mg
- Sodium 9021.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 118.4 g