Recipe by duonyte
A simple recipe - if you've done the prep ahead of time, it's one that you can finish in the oven while your holiday ham or turkey is resting before it's carved. From Woman's Day.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I pretty much made my squash as did Sharon123 in her review, using half a large squash & the full full ingredient amounts for the glaze, & it was MOST DELICIOUS! Very easy to prepare, too, & I look forward to making this one again & again! This is certainly a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
- 3 1⁄4 lbs butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up into pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 deg. Line a large shallow baking pan with nonstick foil. (I lightly sprayed regular foil with cooking spray).
- Cut the squash into 3/4 inch thick slices and then into 1 1/2 inch wedges. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine the marmalade, butter and ginger in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir until all melted together.
- Toss with the squash and place in the baking pan in a single layer.
- Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until the squash is tender and glazed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- You can cut up the squash a day ahead, and store in a large plastic bag. You can also make the marmalade glaze a day ahead and refrigerate - warm up in the microwave and proceed with step 4.