Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple recipe - if you've done the prep ahead of time, it's one that you can finish in the oven while your holiday ham or turkey is resting before it's carved. From Woman's Day.
- 3 1⁄4 lbs butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up into pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 450 deg. Line a large shallow baking pan with nonstick foil. (I lightly sprayed regular foil with cooking spray).
- Cut the squash into 3/4 inch thick slices and then into 1 1/2 inch wedges. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine the marmalade, butter and ginger in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir until all melted together.
- Toss with the squash and place in the baking pan in a single layer.
- Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until the squash is tender and glazed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- You can cut up the squash a day ahead, and store in a large plastic bag. You can also make the marmalade glaze a day ahead and refrigerate - warm up in the microwave and proceed with step 4.
I pretty much made my squash as did Sharon123 in her review, using half a large squash & the full full ingredient amounts for the glaze, & it was MOST DELICIOUS! Very easy to prepare, too, & I look forward to making this one again & again! This is certainly a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
Very good :D thanks.
This was very good. I used a small squash and only used 1 tbsp butter. It went very good with Spinach Burgers. Made for 1-2-3 Zaar Hits Tag Game 2011.