Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Maple flavored syrup can be substituted but it's worth the expense to the real thing.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper
- maple sugar (optional) or packed brown sugar (optional)
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in pumpkin, chicken broth, half-and-half, maple syrup, and ginger. Bring mixture just to boiling. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into a serving bowl. If desired, garnish with maple sugar and pumpkin seeds.