Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy, quick dinner. From Weeknight Cooking Made Easy.
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 lb beef flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth.
- Add beef strips to bowl and toss to coat all sides.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the peppers in oil until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes).
- Remove peppers from pan and set aside (keeping them warm).
- Add the beef along with the marinade to the pan and stir-fry for another 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Return the peppers to the pan and heat through.
- Serve over cooked rice.