Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Peel pears and squirt with a dash of lemon juice (if desired will keep pears from turning brown) Slice and peel ginger to make 1/4 cup.
- Put sugar, water and ginger in a pot and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add 4 peeled pears and poach in simmering liquid until tender.
- Reduce liquid to a syrup.
- Serve reduced liquid over pears.
This is mmmmmmmmmmmmmm- delish! I remember making this last summer and we loved it:)
I loved them. They tasted SO good with vanilla icecream. Yum. I also added a little brown sugar. I will definatly make these again